Almost as popular as weed brownies comes Space Cakes or Hash Cakes as there also known. The following space cake recipe is for a standard sponge space cake, don’t panic though we’ve got a whole heap of cannabis cakes recipes below. A particular favourite of the chefs is The World of Chocolate Hash Cake, its delicious!
First things first though lets get cracking with the weed recipe below
Classic Space Cake
Space Cakes Ingredients:
- 200 gr. of baking flour
- 200 CL. of milk
- 2 eggs
- 180 grams of sugar
- 180 grams of butter
- a hot oven (200 °c)
- a baking form
- 8 grams of good (light) hash
Put the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds until it’s a fat paste. Mix the hash with 4/5th of the butter. (heat up the hash with a lighter and crumble it in the butter). With the rest of the butter grease the cake tin so you can get the cake out easy when it’s done.
Now mix the butter (and hash), flour, eggs and milk and sugar. Keep on mixing it for a few minutes until it’s nice and smooth. If it’s to dry: at a little milk. Is it to much of a liquid: ad a little flour.
Put the cake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
Check how it looks before opening the oven. If it’s big and brown (I think you can imagine how a cake looks like) open the oven and take the space cakes out.
Leave it outside the oven for about 30 minutes to cool down before getting it out of it’s the tin.
All that’s left once the space cakes cooled is to slice the bad boy up and enjoy with friends or all on your own.
The World of Chocolate Hash Cake
We mentioned early that the world of chocolate hash cake is a favourite of ours. It’s a delicious hash cake, so good in fact you’ll be craving a second slice. Be careful though this hash cake isn’t for the feint hearted. It’ll have you in couch lock for a good 6 hours.
In order to make this hash cake recipe you’ll need to have made cannabis butter beforehand. Check out our recipe for cannabis butter.
- 225 g dark chocolate
- 225 g cannabis butter
- 345 g caster sugar, plus an extra pinch
- 6 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 120 g ground almonds
- 145 g soft white breadcrumbs
- 30 g plain flour
- 4 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
- 85 g cocoa powder
- 225 g icing sugar
- 130 g butter
- 170 g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3. Grease and line a 24cm round cake tin.
2. For the space cake: melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water.
3. Cream the cannabis butter with 345g sugar until pale and softened.
4. Gradually beat in the egg yolks and stir in the almonds. Fold in the cool melted chocolate, breadcrumbs, flour and vanilla essence.
5. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with a pinch of sugar until stiff but not dry. Fold into the cake mixture and pour into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake for 1 hour until firm to the touch.
7. For the icing: sieve the cocoa and icing sugar into a bowl.
8. Warm the butter, sugar and water in a microwave or double boiler and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
9. Add the liquid to the dry mixture and combine until thickened.
10. Spread the icing over the cooled hash cake.
This is a beautiful hash cake, I’m sure you’ll agree! Be sure to share with your friends.
Zingy Lemon Space Cake