Almost as popular as weed brownies comes Space Cakes or Hash Cakes as there also known. The following space cake recipe is for a standard sponge space cake, don’t panic though we’ve got a whole heap of cannabis cakes recipes below. A particular favourite of the chefs is The World of Chocolate Hash Cake, its delicious!
First things first though lets get cracking with the weed recipe below
Classic Space Cake
Space Cakes Ingredients:
- 200 gr. of baking flour
- 200 CL. of milk
- 2 eggs
- 180 grams of sugar
- 180 grams of butter
- a hot oven (200 °c)
- a baking form
- 8 grams of good (light) hash
Put the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds until it’s a fat paste. Mix the hash with 4/5th of the butter. (heat up the hash with a lighter and crumble it in the butter). With the rest of the butter grease the cake tin so you can get the cake out easy when it’s done.
Now mix the butter (and hash), flour, eggs and milk and sugar. Keep on mixing it for a few minutes until it’s nice and smooth. If it’s to dry: at a little milk. Is it to much of a liquid: ad a little flour.
Put the cake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
Check how it looks before opening the oven. If it’s big and brown (I think you can imagine how a cake looks like) open the oven and take the space cakes out.
Leave it outside the oven for about 30 minutes to cool down before getting it out of it’s the tin.
All that’s left once the space cakes cooled is to slice the bad boy up and enjoy with friends or all on your own.
The World of Chocolate Hash Cake
We mentioned early that the world of chocolate hash cake is a favourite of ours. It’s a delicious hash cake, so good in fact you’ll be craving a second slice. Be careful though this hash cake isn’t for the feint hearted. It’ll have you in couch lock for a good 6 hours.
In order to make this hash cake recipe you’ll need to have made cannabis butter beforehand. Check out our recipe for cannabis butter.
- 225 g dark chocolate
- 225 g cannabis butter
- 345 g caster sugar, plus an extra pinch
- 6 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 120 g ground almonds
- 145 g soft white breadcrumbs
- 30 g plain flour
- 4 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
- 85 g cocoa powder
- 225 g icing sugar
- 130 g butter
- 170 g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3. Grease and line a 24cm round cake tin.
2. For the space cake: melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water.
3. Cream the cannabis butter with 345g sugar until pale and softened.
4. Gradually beat in the egg yolks and stir in the almonds. Fold in the cool melted chocolate, breadcrumbs, flour and vanilla essence.
5. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with a pinch of sugar until stiff but not dry. Fold into the cake mixture and pour into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake for 1 hour until firm to the touch.
7. For the icing: sieve the cocoa and icing sugar into a bowl.
8. Warm the butter, sugar and water in a microwave or double boiler and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
9. Add the liquid to the dry mixture and combine until thickened.
10. Spread the icing over the cooled hash cake.
This is a beautiful hash cake, I’m sure you’ll agree! Be sure to share with your friends.
Zingy Lemon Space Cake
For those of you that like fruity space cakes we have the Zingy Lemon Space Cake. This recipe has been adapted from original old space cakes recipes. They really know what they’re doing when cooking with marijuana.
Let’s get going, this is a real zesty little space cake!
(Note if you’ve already made cannabis butter use 75g of cannabis butter to make your space cakes just remember to take out the ground cannabis from the ingredients)
- 200g plain flour
- 3.5-5g Weed or Cannabis (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
1.Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
2.In a large bowl, cream butter, 200g sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Sprinkle the ground hash or cannabis and mix. Add milk alternately with flour mixture in two parts; mix well. Stir in grated lemon zest and nuts. Pour mixture into greased and floured 23x13cm loaf tin.
3.Bake at 180 C / Gas mark 4 for 60 minutes. Allow space cakes to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
4.Mix together 100g sugar and the juice of one lemon to make a glaze. Remove from tin. Pour glaze over warm bread.
Carrot Cannabis Cake
Another cracking recipe here is this Carrot Cannabis Cake. The recipe below is really easy to follow and you’ll end up with the tastiest carrot space cake knocking about!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups veg. Oil/Cannabis Butter melted
- 3 cups of shredded carrots (~5-6 medium-sized carrots)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Simmer oil on a low temperature. Shred as much marijuana as desired into a *fine* powder and combine with oil on LOW temperature. Let marijuana/oil simmer for approximately 1 hour.
2. Mix eggs, sugar, and oil/marijuana mixture together until well blended.
3. Add carrots
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
5. Mix well and add chopped walnuts
6. Bake in a greased or non-stick circular pan or mold at 325 F for 1-1.5 hours.
7. Let the carrot space cake cool, serve chilled, and chill!
All of the above marijuana recipes are designed to be easy to follow. Its more fun cooking with pot when its’s easy and let’s be honest you don’t want to work ourselves too hard! We’ve tried and tested the space cake recipes, in our opinion they’re great.
So give the marijuana recipes a go and let us know how well cooking with pot works for you!